I have boiled, roasted and grilled more tomatoes, peppers and garlic than I can count trying to find that perfect salsa I get at my favorite Mexican restaurant. While I came up with some pretty good salsa’s, this is the one I love.
The color and consistency tipped me off as to where I was going astray. And while I had to move away from the fresh tomatoes it was worth it.
If you want to use fresh tomatoes you can. Just put them in boiling water for a couple of minutes and then transfer to an ice bath and the skin will come off easily. Let the tomatoes cool before processing.
Products to help prepare your Salsa
Restaurant Style Salsa
- 28 oz Peeled tomatoes 1 can
- 1 Large Fresh Jalapeno chopped
- 1/4 Small Onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped, optional
- 1 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Goya Sazonador Total Seasoning
- 1 tsp Mexican Oregano
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped, more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp Tapatio Hot Sauce
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Chop jalapeno, onion, cilantro and garlic.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. You can use a blender but I preferred the way it came out in the food processor.
- Process until the salsa is your desired consistency.
- Serve with your favorite Mexican dish, grilled fish or an omelet.