The sauce is definitely optional here. This pork rib rub can stand alone. Just the right amount of sweetness to make your ribs shine. Adjust the heat level by adding or decreasing the cayenne pepper. Great on chops or chicken also!
Products to help you cook ribs with your Pork Rib Rub
Pork Rib Rub
- 1 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coarse Kosher Salt
- 3 tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
- Get yourself a nice rack of spareribs.
- I like to cut the top off mine so I get a St. Louis rack.
- Coat ribs generously with the rub and rub into the meat.
- Hickory and Pecan are my favorites smoking pork.
- I smoke ribs at 250 degrees. Four hours for spareribs and three to three and a half for baby back ribs.
- Sometimes I'll brush with sauce and put under the broiler for a couple minutes.