This Spanish rice recipe is very easy to make and is a good choice to mix up your regular meal sides. Along with refried beans, Spanish rice is a must-have side in my house when we eat Mexican or tex-mex. We eat it on the side with tacos, enchiladas or quesadillas. Sometimes I even stuff burritos with Spanish rice. This side is also great with baked or fried chicken, pork chops or steak.
Products to help you cook your Spanish Rice Recipe
- 1 cup Parboiled Rice
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 10 oz Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tsp Goya Sazonador Total Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- Gather all your ingredients together. I mix my chicken broth and tomato paste together before moving to the next step.
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add your rice and brown it being careful not to burn it.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer and cover. Simmer on low heat 15 minutes. After 15 minutes remove from heat and let sit covered 5 minutes. Do not remove the lid after you first cover it until the rice is done sitting 5 minutes.