So I had half a baguette left over from dinner the night before and I was trying to figure out what in the world to do with it.
I went to the fridge in search of some ideas that wouldn’t require a trip to the store. That was when I saw the lettuce and tomato and the wheels started turning. I immediately started looking for bacon. None! Then I saw the shrimp. This quickly became a no brainer.
These Blackened Shrimp Po Boy Bites are really simple to make and pretty quick too. And if you happen to have some bacon on hand, everything is better with bacon.
Products to help cook your Blackened Shrimp Po Boy Bites
Blackened Shrimp Po Boy Bites
- 10 26-30 Shrimp Peeled, deveined and tail removed
- 10 1/4 inch Baguette Slices
- 2 Roma Tomatoes Cut into 1/4 inch slices
- Blackened Seasoning
- Unsalted Butter
- Grated Parmesan
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Oregano
- olive oil
- Green Onion Chopped
- Cut enough lettuce and tomato slices to cover the baguette slices and set aside.
- Season shrimp with the blackened seasoning and set aside.
- Preheat a heavy skillet and oven broiler.
- Cut 10 1/4" baguette slices
- Put butter, parmesean, garlic powder and oregano on the slices and put on a baking sheet.
- Place under oven broiler and lightly toast.
- Add 1 tbsp each of oil and butter to the pan and cook shrimp until done. About 1 minute per side.
- Assemble bites by placing lettuce, tomato and shrimp on baggette slices.
- Garnish with green onion and serve with Cocktail or Remoulade Sauce.