In the south Thanksgiving just isn’t the same without sweet potato pie. Serve with whipped cream or some butter pecan ice cream. Or maybe both!
Products to help cook your Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 lbs Sweet Potatoes Cut into cubes
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 4 lg Eggs
- 2 Pie Crust
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1-2" cubes.
- Place potatoes into a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil until fork tender. About 30 minutes.
- Drain water and set aside to cool 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In a bowl, use a mixer to cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add evaporated milk, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until well blended.
- Add potatoes and mix until well incorporated.
- Divide potato mixture evenly between your two pie crust.
- Place pies on a cookie sheet and place in oven. Bake 50-60 minutes until a butter knife placed in the center comes out cleanly.