Staying in line with my love of Tex-Mex, I wanted to come up with a themed dessert. If you love cinnamon then this dessert is for you. It’s crispy, creamy, fruity and sticky.
The base for this recipe is flavored, spreadable cream cheese and while this recipe is based on strawberries, you can experiment with all the different flavors out there. I think I’m going to try blueberries next time.
The idea for the cinnamon crisp tortilla came from the Pioneer Woman website and you can find the original recipe here. I only made a couple of little tweaks which were more cinnamon and the addition of nutmeg.
You can make your tortillas a day ahead and store them in a ziplock bag. Make them at least far enough ahead to completely cool before preparing. I have this listed as four servings but my wife and I usually split one and it’s plenty for us.
Products to help cook your Dessert Tostada
- 4 Flour Tortillias 6-7"
- 8 oz Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 Jar of Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup Pecans Chopped rough
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberries Chopped
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter Melted
- Whipped Cream
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a butter knife to perforate the tortillas into quarters. This will make them easy to break apart when done.
- Brush one side of the tortillas with butter and sprinkle with your cinnamon sugar mixture. Flip and repeat.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and put the tortillas on it. Bake for 17 minutes
- Allow the tortillas to completely cool and spread a layer of the strawberry cream cheese on it.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans and drizzle caramel sauce over the pecans.
- Top with your chopped strawberries,
- Finish off with some Whipped Cream and Enjoy!