This Sous Vide BBQ Chicken is easy to make and packed with flavor. There was a time when the Texan in me would have never even considered BBQ chicken made in an oven.
Well, with all the experimenting and playing with my food curiosity got the better of me. The results surprised me and this will not be the last time I make BBQ chicken this way.
I really do suggest you marinate the chicken at least overnight. If you prefer to finish the chicken on the grill, lower your sous vide cooker temperature to 150 degrees and cook 1 1/2 hours and put on the grill.
Products to help you cook your Sous Vide BBQ Chicken
Sous Vide BBQ Chicken
- 8 Chicken Thighs About 4 lbs Bone in, Skin on
- 1 1/2 cups Goyo Mojo Criollo Marinade
- 1 tbsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Dales Steak Marinade
- 2 tbsp Liquid Smoke
- Extra BBQ Sauce
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a bowl and mix until the salt is dissolved.
- Put chicken in a one-gallon zip lock bag and add marinade to the bag. Remove excess air and seal.
- Marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of four hours. For best results, marinate overnight or up to two days.
- When ready to cook, preheat your sous vide cooker to 160 degrees. When tempeture is reached add your sealed ziplock to the water bath and cook a minimum of 1 1/2 hour and up to four hours.
- 15 minutes before sous vide is complete, preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- Remove chicken from ziplock and place on a baking pan with a rack to keep chicken off of pan
- Place in oven for 8 minutes
- Remove, brush with extra sauce and put back in the oven for another 3 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes and serve.