This is a slightly sweet cornbread recipe with a cake-like texture. So many ways to enjoy this:
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Maple syrup
- Beans and Rice
Here is my favorite way. Mashed sweet potatoes mixed with brown sugar and cinnamon cornbread and ham or smoked turkey sandwich.
PRODUCTS TO HELP COOK YOUR SWEET CORNBREAD RECIPE
This is a slightly sweet cornbread with a cake-like texture. Enjoy with chili, beans and rice, maple syrup, peanut butter and jelly, butter or use your imagination.
- 1 cup Corn Meal
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs (Large)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients and set aside
- Mix all wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ones.
- Bake in a greased 13×9 dish for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center cleanly.