This is a delicious Garlic Beef recipe peppered with mushrooms, onions and peppers and is really easy to make. The level of garlic can be adjusted according to your taste.
Pairs great with my Parmesan Garlic Thyme Mashed Potatoes. It’s also great over egg noodles or rice.
You have several options for meat in this recipe. I have used chuck roast, shoulder roast and the pre cut stew meat so feel free to use your favorite cut.
Products to help cook your Garlic Beef Recipe
Garlic Beef with Mushrooms
- 2 lbs Sirloin Steak Or you can use any beef roast
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 8 oz Whole Mushrooms
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 5 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Beef Broth or Stock
- Chop onions and bell pepper in large pieces about 1". Cut mushrooms in half and dice garlic fine.
- Cut steak into cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown meat over medium high heat. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add oil and butter to the pan you browned the meat in. Add the flour and slowly brown it. Be careful not to burn your roux or the dish will taste burnt.
- Slowly add broth while constantly stirring. Be careful of steam, don't burn yourself. Add vegetables and meat.
- Simmer until meat is tender and gravy thickens.
- Serve over potatoes, rice or egg noodles.